Wednesday, May 29, 2013!
HandWritten on; 8:57 AM
Hi guyssss, writing a new post from Rome, Italy right now :)
This is my last night in Europe after the past 3 wks of travel and I'll be going home tmr! Much as I'm loving Europe and the majestic sights I see everyday, I'm kinda excited to go home. When I'm in sg I will always think it would be good if one day I'll be able to stay a short stint overseas maybe cos of work purposes (1-2 years? ) or maybe when I am doing a masters prog or sth (no intention right now but you never know where life leads you) hmm but after wks of traveling I'll always get homesick somehow and I wonder if I really am able to do that. And in the meantime I'm always envying those who have gone for exchanges or studied overseas... Part of me truly wishes for that experience, something which will belong to me solely and make up an important part of my life. Well well, like I said you never know where life will bring you and I still hope I will get some chance like that in the future :)
Places I've been to - started out with Paris, a place which I've been wanting to go since young because of my unexplainable love for the Eiffel Tower. In fact, I've actually been there before 3 years back but it was winter and something in me have always felt something lacking cos I didn't get to go up to the top of the tower. I managed to do that this time and it was great. A tick off my bucket list and I'm so glad I'm able to tell that I've been up there :) following Paris would be Germany - a place I didn't quite know what to expect and ended up loving ittttttt :') if there were a place I had to choose to stay at other than sg in future, Germany would definitely be in the top ranks. Love the culture, scenery, people there and the combination just appeals to me very much. After Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Italy, and I'm currently at Rome which is also my last stop!
This graduation trip has definitely been a memorable one and I'll rmb it for life. I enjoy traveling because of the many people I'll meet, the sights I'll see and the different culture I'll be exposed to. I'll always think how these people here live their day to day lives and how different they are from the lives I lead in sg, and imagine how it would be like if I'm born and bred in a foreign place. Would I still be the same me? How would I think and feel, because of the different environment and culture? How different will I be from the me I am right now and how I was like growing up... Will i have the same type of friends i have now? Sometimes it gets abit overwhelming cause in the end, the answer is that I'll never know! There are just too many possibilities and the process of such thinking is endless.
Another wish about traveling is that I would wish to be able to do that alone one day, to some of my favorite cities around the world. I look forward to such self-exploration which I believe will do me a lot of good, and which I hope will come soon :)
Good night guys, from Rome (: can't wait to meet up with my friends in Singapore again! But, not really the super hot weather!
Labels: grad trip, travel